Our approaching COVID 19
While coronavirus is of concern, we are closely following government updates and adopting the constant advice they are providing. We keep everyone updated if anything changes over the coming days.
We have a COVID Safe Plan in place. Social distancing and good hygiene practices play a crucial role in preventing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The strategies and measures we put in place about coronavirus include:
- Exclusion of unwell staff, children and visitors.
- All staff, families and essential visitors are required to complete Health Declaration each time they enter the centre that they have no symptoms of COVID-19 and will immediately get tested for COVID-19 and isolate at home if they develop symptoms.
- We take the temperature of all staff, children and family members before they enter the centre and exclude if they have a fever (above 37.5° ) or are unwell for (at least) recommended minimum exclusion periods.
- We monitor children’s temperature and document the reading daily as part of the information collection and handover process.
- If a child displays symptoms consistent with Covid-19 whilst at the centre, they should be collected, and that medical attention is sought out. We have a designated room to keep sick children and staff isolated from others until they are collected/leave the centre. If a child is tested for Covid-19, they will be excluded until the outcome of testing is negative and advice is sought from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- If an educator displays symptoms consistent with Covid-19 whilst at the centre, he/she is sent home and is required to seek medical attention. If the educator is tested for Covid-19, she/he will be excluded until the outcome of testing is negative and advice is sought from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- If your child has any medical condition, we would like to encourage you to consider the safety of your child and make a decision you are comfortable with your child attending a childcare service. We friendly remind you that any child with a medical condition is required to have a Medical Management Plan, a Risk Minimisation Plan, a Communication Plan and sufficient medication in place.
- Parents will be notified if there are any diagnosed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) at our centre.
- Advise all staff and families, and visitors within past 48 hours or other period as advised by DHHS, of the positive test result from any employee, family member, child or visitor who’s attended the Service, advise them to self-isolate and be tested as soon as possible and to advise their close contacts to do the same
- Advise all staff and families, and visitors within past 48 hours or other period as advised by DHHS, of a suspected case of COVID-19, to be vigilant about the onset of COVID symptoms and to self-isolate at symptom onset and be tested as soon as possible.
- Staggering morning tea and lunch breaks where possible
- Postponing large group activities and excursion. Arrange room setting to meet the social distance requirement. Our educator will engage with the children/activities with one or two children at a time throughout the day. If possible, operate an indoor /outdoor program for full-day/session. Spend more time outdoor.
- Encourage good hygiene practices:
- Staff must wear masks at all times when not teaching or caring for children unless they have a medical exemption. Train staff to correctly put on and remove masks as outlined in Coronavirus Policy and to dispose of masks hygienically in a sealed bin.
- Families and visitors must wear masks on premises at all times unless they have a medical exemption. Advise families how to correctly put on and remove masks as outlined in Coronavirus Policy.
- All people in our centre are asked to frequently wash their hands, avoid touching faces and noses and cough into their elbows or a tissue.
- Discourage shaking hands, hugging and other physical contact.
- Talk to children about the coronavirus and why everyone needs to wash their hands and the importance of everyone doing this.
- Clean all bedding, sheets and blankets daily after use.
- Clean and sanitise high-touch area and toys frequently. Immediately clean and sanitise mouthing toys after each individual use.
- useful link about COVID-19: